Closing Time Is Here!
First-timers are often concerned about something going wrong until they receive the keys to their new home. So, we wanted to share our closing day checklist! This will help your first-time homeowners know what to expect on one of the most exciting days of their lives!
Let our real estate experts help eliminate much of the stress of buying and closing on your new home!
Real Estate Closing Checklist
Immediately After Signing
- Deliver Earnest Money Deposit Check to Title Company
- Start Loan Application With Lender
- Schedule Property Inspections With Agent
During the Contract
- Schedule Closing with Title Company
- Review Inspection Results
- Negotiate Repairs
- Appraisal (Usually the Lender)
- Finalize Property Management (If Vacation Rental)
Two Weeks Before Closing
- Obtain Homeowner’s Insurance
- Call & Transfer Utilities
One Week Before Closing
- Schedule a Final Walk-Through Time
- Review Closing Disclosure
- Obtain Cashiers Check for the Closing Amount
What to Bring on the Day of Closing
- Photo ID/Drivers License
- Cashier’s Check (No Personal Checks)